Excluding Sales Tax |
- The hand-cranked or battery operated (your choice) Grand Orrery depicts correct relative orbital speeds of all 9 planets plus relative orbital movement of Earth’s moon. Mercury orbits 1028 times for every orbit of Pluto. Mercury takes about 4 seconds to orbit while Pluto takes about 2 hours.
- The Sun, 9 planets and 28 moons are made of beautiful semi-precious stone spheres. Hematite planets with stone moons and a solid brass Sun is also available.
- The mechanism is fully visible beneath the orbiting planets, and is a captivating presentation of moving solid brass gears.
- In fine woodwork, a twelve sided oak barrel housing, seated upon 12 solid brass feet, elegantly presents the Grand Orrery.
- An engraved brass calendar/zodiacal ring rests on 12 brass pillars which together sit above the oak barrel.
- Around the moving planets and above the calendar ring sits a removable solid brass armillary half-sphere beautifully crowning the Grand Orrery.
- Assembly takes about 10 minutes – assembly instructions and 90 day warranty are located in the included owner’s manual.
- We liken the crafting of our orrery models to the finest musical instruments available, and the natural subtleties of the semi-precious stone planets, moons and Sun ensures a one-of-a-kind appeal at an exceptional price. We do not wholesale our Grand Orrery.
FREE SHIPPING ON INTERNATIONAL AND DOMESTIC ORDERS
NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL BUYERS: VAT or other import charges are RESPONSIBILITY OF BUYER
Accepted payments are credit and debit cards through Square or PayPal.